Disclaimer, Terms and Conditions. Membership Policy
You agree not to hold Huellas Latinas responsible for anything that happens at an activity organized by us, unless we are intentionally or knowingly negligent.
In consideration of the risk of injury when participating in the “Activities” of Huellas Latinas. I hereby, on behalf of myself, my heirs, representatives, successors, executors and administrators, knowingly and voluntarily accept this waiver and release of liability and hereby waive any and all rights, claims or causes of action that arising out of my participation in an “Activity,” and I hereby forever release Huellas Latinas, its affiliates, manager, members, agents, attorneys, staff, volunteers, heirs, representatives, predecessors, successors, and assigns (the “Indemnities” ), for any physical or psychological harm, injury, including but not limited to illness, paralysis, death, damage, economic or emotional loss, that I may suffer as a direct result of my participation in the aforementioned “Activity”, including travel to and from an event related to this Activity. I assume all risks, both known and unknown to me, related to my participation in this “Activity”.
You agree to reimburse us if you or someone on your behalf sues us in connection with a Huellas Latinas activity.
I agree to indemnify and hold Huellas Latinas harmless from any and all claims, suits, or actions for liability, damages, compensation, or any other form brought by me or anyone on my behalf, including attorneys’ fees and any costs related, if litigation arises pursuant to any claim made by me or any other person acting on my behalf. If Huellas Latinas incurs any of these types of expenses, I agree to reimburse Huellas Latinas. I acknowledge that “Indemnities” are not responsible for errors, omissions, acts or inaction of any party or entity conducting a specific event or activity on behalf of Huellas Latinas.
In the event that I require medical care or treatment, I agree to be financially responsible for any costs incurred as a result of such treatment. I am aware and understand that I must have my own health insurance. In the event that any damage to equipment or facilities occurs as a result of my or my family’s intentional, negligent, or reckless actions, I acknowledge and agree to be responsible for all costs associated with any negligent or reckless actions.
Both the Participants and Huellas Latinas agree that this Agreement is clear and unequivocal as to its terms, and that no other evidence will be used or admitted to alter or explain the terms of this Agreement, but that it will be interpreted depending on the language of according to the purposes for which it is held. I also understand that if any part of this release and waiver is found to be infringing or void for any reason, all other parts not found to be infringing or void will remain valid and in force. If a court determines that any provision of this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable, but that limiting such provision would render it valid and enforceable, then such provision shall be deemed written, construed and enforced as limited.
I have read this release and waiver and understand that I am giving up certain rights by signing it. I fully understand its contents and that this release cannot be changed orally. I am signing it voluntarily and freely and I am at least 18 years of age, or as legal guardian I agree on behalf of my minor child(ren), and I am competent to sign. I understand that this release does not apply to any intentional, deliberate or wanton act by or in any of the “indemnities”. I also understand that if any part of this release and waiver is found to be infringing or void for any reason, all other parts not found to be infringing or void will remain valid and in force.
- Membership in Huellas Latinas Hiking Club is a privilege, not a right.
- All members agree to abide by the rules and guidelines established for the group.
- To be a member of Huellas Latinas Hiking Club you must be at least 18 years old, otherwise, you will be part of your parents’ membership.
- Memberships expire each year after the member signs up or renews.
- Membership is required to participate in meetings and special activities.
- Membership is required for anyone who wishes to lead or coordinate an activity for the group.
- All activity participants must sign a release of liability, terms and conditions.
Costs and forms of payment:
- Members can join online or by email by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org for other forms of payment.
- The individual membership fee is for anyone over the age of 18 and will cost $20 per year.
- The family membership rate covers up to two adults and children under the age of 18 and will cost $45 per year.
- The membership contact list is under Huellas Latinas data protection for internal use. It cannot be shared or sold to others.
- Pets are welcome at Huellas Latinas organized activities unless otherwise noted. This will depend on the rules of the park to visit or the type of activity to be carried out.
- Pets must remain on a leash and be subject to a person who agrees to always maintain control of the animal(s) or properly restrained so they do not disturb others.
- Animals are expected to remain reasonably calm and show no signs of aggression.
hen unwelcome comments or conduct are linked to someone’s physical characteristics or known identity, it can be considered harassment. Harassment can take many forms, but some of the most common include verbal, physical, visual, and sexual harassment.
- Harassment of any kind is not acceptable.
- A culture that does not tolerate harassment will be fostered.